Re: Dual-head Xinerama problem after latest XFree86 update

Am So, den 30.11.2003 schrieb sub1.shrike.lists.redhat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx um
06:28:
> Based on the symptoms, it seems that the secondary monitor is not being
> correctly initialised when dual-head is turned on.  I figure this since
> switching to single-monitor turns on the secondary monitor and switching
> back to dual-head doesn't turn it back off.  Comments, anyone?  Similar
> problems or experiences?

How did you create the config file? Did you check the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file? According tp your description there may be a
missing "Screen 0" and "Screen 1" line in the "Device" Sections. For
Matrox these Sections should read:

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Videocard0"
   Driver      "mga"
   VendorName  "Matrox"
   BoardName   "Millenium G550"
   BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
   Screen      0
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier  "Videocard1"
   Driver      "mga"
   VendorName  "Matrox"
   BoardName   "Millenium G550"
   BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
   Screen      1
EndSection

In the 2 Screen section there have to be references to these devices
each.

Section "Screen"
  Identifier   "Screen0"
  Device       "Videocard0"
  Monitor      "Monitor0"  // your first / left Monitor Identifier
  DefaultDepth ......
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier   "Screen1"
  Device       "Videocard1"
  Monitor      "Monitor1"  // your second / right Monitor Identifier
  DefaultDepth ......
EndSection

It's a good idea to have the first Monitor to be the left one that is
connected to the "main" connector of the adapter.

Peter