desktop system monitor

Take a look at this screenshot:
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/linux/images/desktop-19991224-02.png

It's one of many screenshots that show a nice system monitor on the
right side with system, CPU info, Proc info, inet, Disk, and eth0
data, etc.

How do I get this type of system monitor on my desktop???

I just setup fluxbox and now I really would like this system monitor
on my desktop.  For those who don't know, fluxbox is here:
http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/

Here's another screenshot that shows the same type of system montior
using a fluxbox theme note system monitor with "oden" at the top:
http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/zoom.php?themes/contrib/xfs_simplesmoothgray.jpg

In gnome, I tried creating a new panel and adding applets, but those
gnome applets didn't even compare to the system monitor in the
screenshots.  Besides, I hope to switch to fluxbox for good tomorrow.

Thanks,

jay