Re: Wine of RH9

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 04:16:31PM -0600, Mike Watson wrote:
> Has anyone gotten this working?
>
> I've downloaded the rpms and installed it, but get various errors with
> trying to run.  It won't run "wine notepad" buy gives me a socket
> error.
>
> This is my first time trying to get wine to run.  My has a Windows app
> that she wants running before I can move her to Linux.
>
> Any assistance appreciated.
>
> Mike W
---end quoted text---

I have installed the wine rpm from the fedora tree onto RH 9.0.  I
have also tried many different wine releases.  They all worked with
notepad, but I have been unable to get IE 4 or above to install and
work.

IE 4 or greater is required by a lot of windows apps.  Without it, you
cannot install the program with wine.

note: this is a window less box.

I even tried copying the native windows .dll's from an XP laptop, but
nothing seems to get IE installed.  It always crashes on install, but
once I did get it installed but it would not run IE.

I want to run the Real-Time Labor guide on Linux and even thought
about purchasing this $300 program, but if I cannot get it to run my
Linux box, screw it.

jay