re: smb access problems

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 07:42, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 17:13, kent emia wrote:
> > the one we are trying to connect to is windows2000 and XP
>
> If you have two machines running windows, can you access a windows share
> on one machine from another windows machine?

yes we can, windows t0 windows networking here is running smoothly.. but
redhat8 to windows is what im having problem with but just this morning
i tried redhat9 to windows using the built-in "Network Servers" in the
menu

> If not, then its a windows issue.

yes it works

> If this works however, then its some windows <> linux
> interaction.

as i mention above its working on rh9 but on rh8 it is not

btw im using Samba 2.2.5-10 on rh8 do i have to upgrade this??? becuase
in my rh9 the version is 2.2.7a-8.9.0

-we are using Nautilus.. of permissions.. the folder in that windows

--
kent emia <kent-cdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>