RE: Changing Time in the command line

At 00:58 11/20/2003, you wrote:
Thanks for the Heads Up.
I'll try that..

NTP.. I'm on a dial up.. so taht wouldn't be much use for me.. :(

Two suggestions:

1. Edit your dial-up connection script to run an "ntpdate" command every time you get online, then immediately run an "hwclock --systohc" so that you set your hardware clock correctly then. This will prevent you from getting too far from the right time.

2. Although I profoundly dislike some of Dan Bernstein's (also known as "djb") philosophies and ways of doing things and I prefer not to use his software, you should know that he has a program called "clockspeed" on his site somewhere (start at http://cr.yp.to). Clockspeed is precisely for people like you, since it tries to understand how your computer's clock runs differently from an atomic clock and makes adjustments. Over time, clockspeed should be able to keep your clock in sync very well even if it only gets a chance to ask the outside world when you connect.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx