RE: mount -t smbfs to be read/write to all users & not only root

0,credentials=/root/.credentials/.powercorp   > ://server/Stuff

> In place of the credentials file option you would put
> 'username=xxx,password=xxx'
>
> 3. make a new directory /mnt/auto (or whatever you made the
> location in step 1)
>
> 4. (re)start autofs `/etc/init.d/autofs restart`; and add it
> to your services (redhat-config-services)
>
> now if you type `ls /mnt/auto` you will see nothing, but if
> you type `ls /mnt/auto/ttt` you will see the mount.
>
> Hope this solution is suitable,
> --
> Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Living in LA is like not having a date on Saturday night.
> 		-- Candice Bergen
>

> --

I've been following this thread, and it looks like it could be a
solution to one of my headaches.

What does the credentials file you said to replace contain? Format of
it, etc...

Could you point it to say, the system password and shadow files?

Thanks,

Jake McHenry
Nittany Travel MIS Coordinator
http://www.nittanytravel.com