Re: Getting Cron to set up an ssh tunnel isn't working

Brooks Kelley wrote:

I get the following error from watching Cron execute the command when I run it from webmin...

"Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin in not a terminal"

It was my understanding that the "-t" option in ssh was supposed to over
ride the need for a Pseudo-terminal and allow batch jobs to be run.
Any suggestions as to why this does not work when all the documentation
I have read says it should.

openssh actually requires two -t args to force a tty when there's no local controlling tty. One only works when you're forcing allocation where the openssh doesn't think the remote end needs one, but a local tty is available.

I have scripts and documentation here:
http://phantom.dragonsdawn.net/~gordon/vpn/