RE: Multiple mail servers for a single domain?

At 06:05 8/23/2003, you wrote:
Just by way of commentary -- I'll have to find a backup mail server some
day -- perhaps with a friend living far away who keeps a machine on
24X7. I wonder how many businesses and individuals went without backup
mail service when the power went out in New York.

I always suggest that a responsible entity (whether company, home, whatever) who wants to set up its own Internet servers secure a secondary. I swap secondary mail and DNS services with a friend in Europe (I'm in Guatemala), which makes it extremely unlikely that both our servers, power lines, and network backbones will be down simultaneously.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx