Re: Any mutt-like webmail program?

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, M. Fioretti wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 13:10:23 at 01:10:23PM -0500, Mike Burger (mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > > Horde IMP www.horde.org
> >
> > Two other options that work as well (and are much easier to get up
> > and running, IME) are twig (twig.screwdriver.net) and
> > squirrelmail...and squirrelmail is included with RH9, on CD #3.
> >

> I had already looked at least to two of them, but:
>
> do they have threading and whole-thread deletion?
>
> do they work only on IMAP inboxes or also on local ones (ie my current
> setup, /var/spool/mail/marco + lots of others in mbox format in
> my$HOME)?
>
> I'll check again later, but got the impression that the answers were
> "no" and "imap" only

I don't think either one does "threading"...but if your imap server can
serve up the mbox formatted files in your $HOME dir, then either of them
can make use of them.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe