Re: Auto detecting removal/insertion PCMCIA cards

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 09:22 pm, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> [...]

They work just fine.  I've been researching the problem and have come to the
conclusion that the hotplug daemon is not running.  I'm not sure if there is
one in RH9 (it's not in the hotplug RPM) but there is no hotplug daemon.

I can easily cardctl insert/eject but I'd really like to get back to the good
ol' days of just inserting the card and having it start.

Is there a /etc/rc.d/init.d/hotplug* file on a Red Hat 9 system (as indicated
in the README included with the package?)

TIA

Barry