Rpm failure update

On my home box running RH9 I run RHN: yesterday evening I got the message that 3 packaged had to be updated.
I started RHN and I suceeded to update the first two packages, as during installation of third packages RHN (coreutils) crashed, computer after a while freezed, if I used Ctrl/Alt/Backspace I got a lank screen with cursor flashing, no operation.
I hade to make a hard re-boot, run a fsck/dev/hdb1 (I have a dal boot system), and thensystem worked: I downloaded updated RPM of coreutils, i made a RPM -Fvh *.rpm, but system crashed again same way, and then system had to be repaired according to described procedure.
If I run rpm -va coreutils I get :

S.5....T   /bin/basename
S.5....T   /bin/cat
S.5....T   /bin/chgrp
S.5....T   /bin/chmod
S.5....T   /bin/chown
S.5....T   /bin/cp
S.5....T   /bin/cut
S.5....T   /bin/date
S.5....T   /bin/dd
S.5....T   /bin/df
S.5....T   /bin/echo
S.5....T   /bin/env
S.5....T   /bin/false
S.5....T   /bin/link
..5....T   /bin/ln
S.5....T   /bin/ls
S.5....T   /bin/mkdir
..5....T   /bin/mknod
S.5....T   /bin/mv
..5....T   /bin/nice
S.5....T   /bin/pwd
S.5....T   /bin/rm
S.5....T   /bin/rmdir
S.5....T   /bin/sleep
S.5....T   /bin/sort
S.5....T   /bin/stty
S.5....T   /bin/su
S.5....T   /bin/sync
S.5....T   /bin/touch
S.5....T   /bin/true
S.5....T   /bin/uname
S.5....T   /bin/unlink
.......T c /etc/DIR_COLORS
.......T c /etc/DIR_COLORS.xterm
.......T c /etc/pam.d/su
.......T c /etc/profile.d/colorls.csh
.......T c /etc/profile.d/colorls.sh

I rebuilt RPM database, and afterwards I disinstalled and re-installed a packega in order to see if RPM package was the problem. Any hint??

How do I repair the existing coreutils??

Tnx

Antonio

--