re: script ideas

Hi all,

I have a litte problem for which I'm looking for ideas.  I want to run a
program in while loop like this:

while :; do rdesktop host; sleep 1; done

because it can take some time for the host to make its remote desktop
server available, so I want rdesktop to open as soon as its ready.
However, if I put this into a launcher on my menu:

bash -c "while :; do rdesktop host; sleep 1; done"

then when I disconnect, it reconnects again!  So I want the while loop
to exit when I disconnect, but not if the server refuses the
connection...

Any ideas? I guess I could try and get the return value of rdesktop, but
I don't know how to do that in bash... yet!

MTIA,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

FORTRAN is for pipe stress freaks and crystallography weenies.