Re: time synch between two systems: HOWTO?

jdow, your advice is precisely what I have attempted to do.

Success eludes, clues elude.

BTW if I have any system flagged 'stratum' in /etc/ntp.conf
I find in /var/log/messages that 'stratum' is an unrecognized keyword,
the line is ignored.

So I set my /etc/ntp.conf as follows:
restrict 192.168.1.0
server sys1
peer sys2
peer sys3

Then I restarted ntpd on all systems (service ntpd restart)
Then I changed one system's time,  and synching never happened.

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838

>>> jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/28/03 04:38PM >>>
Pick a machine. Configure that machine as your reference. Give it an
artificially high stratum number even when not externally synchronized.
I suspect that would work for you. (Of course, for about $350 you can
find HP GPS based time references you can use on that reference computer
to keep it exactly on time.)

{^_^}

the system manager.

for the presence of computer viruses.