----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian T. Brunner" <brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

How to keep two or more linux (RH7.2-RH9) systems time-synched?

I have checked into ntp/ntpd and found it to be broken too far for mere
words.
It's avowed purpose is to find the One True UTC, I have an isolated gaggle
of
machines on a private net that need to stay together regardless of how far
that
'together' drifts from WWV or some net-readable atomic clock.  Given a
gaggle
with no net connect to other machines outside the gaggle, ntp fails to
perform,
and fails to explain why.

ntp's documentation frustrates and obfuscates.  Unless there is an ntp HOWTO
for dummies, I've dumped ntp.

What other network time synch programs are available?

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(610)796-5838