Re: Tasks to execute on logout

At 07:30 10/28/2003, you wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:39:56 +0200
Maynard Kuona <knxmay001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How does one automatically save volume levels on logging out of GNOME.
> Can I add a command to execute when I log out and how it this done.

Add a button to your panel that runs a script that does what you want.
In the script call

/usr/bin/save-session --kill
or
/usr/bin/gnome-session-save --kill

depending on your version of gnone. This will popup the logout dialog.

I'm not sure I understood the question correctly, but when I hit the RedHat button and choose "Logout" it offers to either shut down, restart, or logout... but there is also a check box that says "save session". Isn't this what you want?

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx