RE: Cannot Umount of CD/USB - Device in Use/busy

>>[snip]

>>I noticed this a lot too.  Try a lazy unmount `umount -l /mnt/<blah>`
>>that usually fixes it up straight away.

The thing about lazy umounts, as the man page says :-

Lazy unmount. Detach the filesystem from the filesystem  hierarchy now,
and cleanup all references to the filesystem as soon as
it is not busy anymore.

so.. What happens if I want to re-insert another cdrom into the tray? Will
it fire away without a hitch or will there be complains??

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate