Re: RH9 Install from HD - howto

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

I was thinking perhaps we can do a HD install?? How do we go about
doing that?

I haven't done exactly this, but there are instructions in the README or RELEASE-NOTES. Basically you copy the CDs into a partition on the disk and then boot from one of the images in the image directory on the first CD (make a set of floppies or a boot CD as appropriate).

If you have two machines and a network you can do what I do a lot: put the CD images in an NFS-exported directory on the second machine and then boot off the CD boot image and do and NFS install. I do it a lot because it is very much quicker than installing off CDs, not least because you don't go for lunch and have the "please insert next CD" box pop up within minutes of you leaving the room.

jch