9.0 and ntlworld broadband connection

Hi All,
First of all I appologize if this post is a bit long. I installed
9.0 on my father-in-laws computer a few days ago, along with a 3c509
card which I know is good. We are unable to get him connected to NTL
through his cable modem and NTL support will not help him as he is
using Linux. He lives a fair distance from me so any help I give him
is via phone. Would any of you who have an NTL broadband connection
be willing to help me get him hooked up so that he has use of his
computer again?

Kind Regards,
Dallam
--