Re: Mplayer under Shrike - Tweak?

Matthias Saou wrote:
Colburn wrote :
I have MPlayer working under Shrike but notice these errors (see below) as it loads.
It looks as though I may have codecs.conf and font.desc either in the wrong location or perhaps need to change a "pointer" or two ... help?
Those aren't errors, just the usual harmless verbose output. Is there
anything not working for you?
Matthias

Several things. MPlayer doesn't run automagically when a video file is selected from E-mail or Mozilla, I have to start it from a Bash prompt and sometimes get it to cooperate from there, which is very inconvenient.

It also doesn't see all of the different codecs for quicktime, mpeg, realplayer, etc that I thought I had successfully downloaded and installed.

Sure will be nice when one may download a single file (preferably via apt-get, but not necessarily) and have it install and run across multiple video types without hours of tinkering.

The tinkering is amusing but given busy schedules it is not often good a stewardship of time -- and it is very frustrating to a spouse who shares the desktop pc and who says "I just want the thing to work properly!".

;-) dmc