RE: Performance tuning

<snip>
You don't want free memory -- if it's free, it not being used.   If the
system needs memory for some running process then it'll reclaim it from
the swap cache first, then the buffer cache, then by swapping out more
processes.    That hasn't happened -- you've got some tiny amount of
actually used swap.
</snip>

I've got another question to piggy-back on this one.. DO I need such a big
swap area?? I've got 512MB ram, and I've allocated 512MB of swap space. I
rarely see my swap to a point of >10MB. Can I reclaim this additional swap
space or would it be not advisable??

PS : Hard Disk space is a premium to me.

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate