Re: Antwort: Visio equivalence in Linux

Hello all,

I have a specific question about Viso and the equivalence of Kivio. But
first a bit of background.

I have used Visio in the past as a flowcharting tool via which I prepare
scripts for use in IVR applications. Viso makes this easy because I can
create my own dedicated stencil (containing tools like play, getdigits,
test etc) , store useful data in the properties of each stencil object and
then generate (using Visio's VB interface) a text 'script' that my app can
use to determine what to do at each step of the IVR service. Using Visio
in this way makes for easy preparation of IVR services by end users with
minimal skill because it is very easy for them to see how it all fits
together.

However.... the free-format properties of a Visio object  seem (to me at
least) to be quite limited - certainly not flexible enough to allow me to
make my application 'sing' ! What's more, it doesn't run on Linux - so its
for the scrap heap regardless!

Any now finally, my question !

Does Kivio support any sort of scheme to allow me to design a dedicated
set of objects AND more importantly, include comprehensive properties of
my own design for each such object ?

Thanks and Regards, John