RE: M$ Exchange + Pop Access?

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:50, Wolfgang Gill wrote:
> I believe there is an Exchange plug-in/module available for Evolution, which
> will allow you to use it to directly connect to an exchange Server. Checkout
> the Xamian Site for more info about that.

>From the Ximian site FAQ

The first point is a bit too high for my blood. The second one is a big
no no for me. (NON-GPL)

Q: How much does Ximian Connector cost?
A:  Ximian Connector software is available as a free download. However,
Ximian Connector will not operate without a valid Ximian Connector
license file, which may be purchased at the Ximian store. Individual
Ximian Connector license files are sold for $69 dollars/seat. Volume
purchase agreements are available. Contact our Sales department for more
information on education and corporate programs.

Q: Can I get the source code for Ximian Connector?
A:  No, Ximian Connector is a proprietary software product. It is
offered under a different license than other Ximian products. That
license is available here.

A google search for "Microsoft Exchange and Fetchmail connect how to"
brings up a few search results...

The third one i believe will be off interest to the original poster.
Although it is meant for Solaris the basic idea remains the same. Few
commands may differ.

For ref purposes the link is

http://www.burdell.org/technotes/msexchange_mail_in_unix.html

Last time I was stuck in this kind of an environment I tried using KMail
(Evolution was not there then) and since on my company exchange server
pop was enabled it was a breeze. Just put in the right values and hey
presto it starts downloading your mails. I did not need sendmail or
fetchmail or anything else this was my personal system and the only mail
I had to fetch was my own. No need of MTA,MDA etc etc. Anyways to tell
the truth I do not understand a bit about these M*A's. Just a plain and
simple MUA capable of handling pop does it for me.

--
Arindam Dey

The mind is not a vessel to be filled
but a fire to be kindled.

GPG FPR: B8E3 219E F129 F970 F4A7  BC50 9636 504A BEDF 5739