Re: cant load emu10k1 for sblive

Iain Buchanan wrote:

I have a new Dell Dimension 4600 with a Creative SB live! Model number
SB0200, but I can't get it to work.  I don't have much experience with
sound cards (they've always "Just Worked" TM for me) so any help would
be appreciated.

/proc/pci says

Bus 2, device 1, function 1:
Input device controller: Creative Labs [SB Live! Value] Input device controller (rev 0).
Master Capable. Latency=64.
I/O at 0xdf10 [0xdf17].

There is a use for this card, it largely involves making tables that have one short leg stable again :-)

Sorry, this is the infamous emu10k1x card -- there's a driver from OSS that reportedly works, but you have to pay $35 for it I believe. There was some discussion of that a while ago and someone asked me about it off-list just recently.

I think you'd be better of spending the $35 to get a real SBLive. I've just checked one of the on-line places in the UK and a new one (retail, I think) is Â26.

jch