Re: Sendmail and outgoing alias?

Joe Polk wrote:

I have not used virtualmin, so I may be a version behind you. You want to have virtusers and generics both setup. One translates inbound the other out.

<<JAV>>

I dont know anything about generics, where can I get some info on that?

---------- Original Message ----------- From: Andre Cameron <acameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx Sent: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:16:27 -0400 Subject: Sendmail and outgoing alias?

Hello,

For fun I decided to use WebMin this time arround with virtual hosts and everything is working fine. I checked the sendmail configs and aliases and everything looks good. When you add a "mailbox" with webmins virtualmin it adds the user as user.domain under the main accounts folder like:

/home/domain/homes/user.domain

All the aliases are setup right so emailing a user at username@xxxxxxxxxx works fine but when the user sends mail it comes in like user.domain@xxxxxxxxxx which looks like crud. Is there a way to set outgoing aliases as well as incomeing? Any way to fix this at all?

aNc

------- End of Original Message -------