RE: WiFi + web based Login + Sniffer + Security

At 19:51 10/13/2003, you wrote:
Which is why I keep asking the question.. Can someone point me in the right
direction as to where an ethereal capture of my login/pass to Yahoo Mail (or
any other site for that matter that _does_ not use ssl/ssh connections) will
lead to a compromise.

I certainly cannot... I don't have that type of general info, and in this case you are looking for something Yahoo!-specific. You might try starting another thread with a subject like "Can someone crack my Yahoo! login/password?" and giving a little detail about what you already know. Different thread, different subject, may get the attention of someone who isn't reading this one.

That's all I can suggest, really. Usually if you ask a question nicely a couple of times (which you have) and you don't get an answer, then you are talking to the wrong people, or no one around here knows the answer. Also try posting such a question on the more general redhat-list, which has more people, so you might get an answer from someone who hasn't seen this thread before.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx