RE: Which Firewall solutions

<snip>
I use this together with Portsentry
and a small script to do dynamic blacklisting. Poke a packet at a port
labeled "hostile" on my firewall, just one packet... and BAM! you're
history. No more packets from you for the next three days. <grin>
Absolutely love it.

I wrote a quick and simple HOWTO on how to do this, if you're interested.
This could easily be modified for those who don't use Shorewall, since most
of the work is actually done by Portsentry. It can be found in the Contrib
section of the Shorewall FTP site, or if you can't find it then ask me here
and I'll post a copy for you.
</snip>

Wowzers.. Interesting.. I would like to get that howto. can you post it to
me? (No I-net conn at Work. okay.. I lied.. 3 I-net connected Pcs for ~1000
employees..)

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate