Re: flickering monitor

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 05:44:58PM +0800, kent emia wrote:
> > hi guyz i've been trying to reconfig  my XF86Config
> > i've been trying to change the depth but it is still flickering
> >
> In my experience flickering is caused by the resolution being too high
> for the monitor to sync to; not the depth.

It can also be related to the vertical frequency, if it is too
low or beats with fluorescents in your work area.  Setting
a high resolution will force the vertical frequency down for
a given dot clock rate.  Try raising the minimum vertical frequency.

Or it can be related to intensity, especially if the high
voltage power supply in the monitor is poorly regulated.
If it works OK at a lower resolution, like 800 x 600,
this isn't the problem.

What kind of monitor and video card do you have ?
Are they directly selectable in XF86config?
Is this a new problem?