> From: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Schwendt
> Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2003 10:22 PM
> To: shrike-list@xxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Port Question

> --

Here is what is listen in /proc/*pid/status:

Name:   init
Name:   kupdated
Name:   httpd
Name:   mdrecoveryd
Name:   kjournald
Name:   kjournald
Name:   portmap
Name:   kjournald
Name:   kjournald
Name:   kjournald
Name:   kjournald
Name:   keventd
Name:   sshd
Name:   sshd
Name:   bash
Name:   su
Name:   bash
Name:   procinfo
grep: /proc/2516/status: No such file or directory
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   rpc.dracd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   sendmail
Name:   sendmail
Name:   sendmail
Name:   kapmd
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   xinetd
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   MailScanner
Name:   ksoftirqd_CPU0
Name:   ntpd
Name:   syslogd
Name:   tethereal
Name:   klogd
Name:   tethereal
Name:   kswapd
Name:   crond
Name:   tethereal
Name:   tethereal
Name:   sshd
Name:   vsftpd
Name:   kscand/DMA
Name:   named
Name:   kscand/Normal
Name:   khubd
Name:   xfs
Name:   atd
Name:   rhnsd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   httpd
Name:   kscand/HighMem
Name:   mingetty
Name:   mingetty
Name:   mingetty
Name:   mingetty
Name:   mingetty
Name:   httpd
Name:   bdflush
Name:   mingetty
Name:   grep

Procinfo the script I created, it uses grep, and I currently have
those tethereal processes running in the background listening to the
previously mentioned undefined ports. So far nothing has accessed
them.

Does anyone see anything that shouldn't be running?

That proc/2516 I'm almost certain is qpopper starting, and by the time
my script gets to the directory, it's done running. I have some people
in the office that don't close their email clients before they leave.

Thanks,
Jake