Something is Changing ownership for /home/user/.ICEauthority

Greetings,
I'm running redhat 9 and I'm having a problem of something or some
proccess changing the ownership of /home/user/.ICEauthority to root. Of
course when this happens DCOPserver is kaputt and the user can't log
on(gnome or kde). When the user tries to log on it gives him an error
saying somthing like xsession lasted less than 10 seconds and in the
detail section of the error it says the following: Warning **unable to
read ICE Authority. The work around I've been using for this is to chown
/home/user/.ICEauthority back to the user. This works for a couple of
log-in's but then for some reason this file reverts back to root
ownership.

I've tried to add "Defaults always_set_home" to /etc/sudoers, but this
didn't solve the problem. Does anyone knows what's going on here?
Any suggestions? Any useful links? I've searched and haven't found much
info on this problem.

Cheers