Re: How to check filesystem for curroption

Theres no reason that your server should be hosed if someone pulled the power plug on it. ext3 is pretty good at recovering unless loads of writes were being done at the time.
If the fsck worked ok then everything should be ok. I tend to trust its manual repair on boot myself.
Otherwise you'll have to drive fsck manually. eg. fsck /dev/hda1. You will need to unmount it first so its best to boot into single user mode to do this.

Rob

Ow Mun Heng wrote:

Hi All,

	My server just got hosed due to someone pulling the power plug
accidentally. Is there any way or anything that I can do to determine if
ther's any file-system curruption??

The boot-up sequence did do the fsck thingy but I was wondering if there's
any way to verify that or whether that's enough checking..

Thanks

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate