Re: Can we open .chm help files in RHL9?

Hello Armaghan,

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 07:58:26 -0600 you wrote:

> I am linux newbie, comeing from windows world. Can we open .chm using
> some trick in RHL9 or do I need to download and install some package.

There is a Sourceforge project, named 'xCHM'
http://xchm.sourceforge.net/
---
xCHM is a .chm viewer for UNIX (Linux, *BSD, Solaris), written by Razvan
Cojocaru. Success stories of xCHM on Mac OS X have also been received,
and apparently xCHM even works if compiled under the Cygwin environment
in Windows.

xCHM can show the contents tree if one is available, print the displayed
page, change fonts faces and size, work with bookmarks, do the usual
history stunts (forward, back, home), and seach for text in the whole
book. The search is a fast B-tree search, based on the internal
$FIftiMain file found inside indexed .chm archives, and it can be
customized to search in content or just the topics' titles.

xCHM uses Jed Wing's CHMLIB for general purpose .chm access, and wxGTK
for the GUI.
---
--
Ciao
Kai

WWW: http://kai.iks-jena.de/
GPG-Key: 0x60F3882F / 0x76C65282
ICQ:146714798
xmms now playing: The Dandy Warhols - Dandy Warhols Come Down - Hard on
for Jesus