Re: sendmail issues resolving certain domains

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 02:04 PM, Florian La Roche wrote:

Please let me know if you find out more about this. ;-)

Will do.

One issue I know about: bind from RHL9 had some threading issues. I don't
know how much impact they could have, but maybe updating that to a newer
version could resolve things.

I will look into this.

Another item could be running nscd.

nscd is running, but I turned it off and still see the problem

You said you run a local named. Does /etc/resolv.conf always point to it?
sendmail only reads /etc/resolv.conf on startup...

resolv.conf has three nameserver entries with "nameserver 127.0.0.1" as the first. Will it only go to the second and third if the previous ones fail, or does it do a round robin type rotation?

I have also tried removing the 127.0.0.1 entry and just have it use the two external name servers, but the problem still occurs.