Re: new up2date won't install

For the record, I solved my install issue with up2date with help from the Linux community at Livejournal.com.
Also, Pavel's reply included what I needed to know (although I had gotten it from LJ first).
What I was doing wrong was trying to run the command to rpm up2date and up2date-gnome separately.  I missinnterpreted RHN's suggestion of using "the same command" to install them both as meaning that I simply had to issue the same command twice, once for each rpm pkg, when, in fact, what I needed to do was rpm both pkgs simultaneously, ie:
$ rpm -Fvh up2date.3.1.23.2-1. i386.rpm up2date-gnome-3.1.23.2-1.i386.rpm

I have never rpm-ed two pkgs simultaneously before, oddly enough.
I had tried -Uvh as well as -Ivh to no avail before they were even suggested here.  Doing an upgrade seemed to make sense.

Thanks for all your help.

tony b

---
School-library.net