HP K60

I'm getting bald from pulling my hair out. I've researched getting my HP K60 to work on my Redhat 9 box. I ran ptal-init setup, configured the printer using redhat-config-printer and it still just sits there and stares at me when I try to print a test page or send it a print job. About half the time, the gnome print queue monitor will say that "the media tray is empty" which, of course, it's not. The rest of the time, the job appears in the queue, sits there for a while. then disappears as though it has been printed. I did see a post (or follow a link?) that said to download the Rawhide ptal and printer configurator but I haven't been able to figure out where to get just those modules.
Any help appreciated.
Randy