Re: How to Edit the Gnome Screen Saver?

Colburn wrote:

There is one image in the generic random screen saver file that brings
up reddish flames and a face that appears satanic.

A bloke smoking a pipe looks satanic? Well, it might to you I suppose.

The XFlame screen saver has an option to not have a bitmap -- "-bitmap none" you can set that in the Gnome screensaver preferences.

If the flames aren't to your taste, then either pick a specific screensaver (i.e. not "random") or remove it from the set of screensavers that random chooses from. I think you can do that directly with the xscreensaver preferences, but "chmod 0 /usr/X11/lib/xscreensaver/xflame" should also do the trick.

--
jch

http://www.thehaxbys.plus.com/cv.html