RE: date for release of redhat 10?

At 20:14 9/23/2003, you wrote:
I think the japanese had(used to anyway I think) a tactic for this.. It's
called Dumping.

The Japanese culture also considers commerce to be a different form of war. Let's not mix things too much.

I see this as being simpler: Red Hat made available an unbelievable quantity of good stuff for free, giving users the option of paying them just a little for that content. Since most people chose to take advantage of this and look for ways to do anything for $0.00, and since very few people chose to pay Red Hat, then in the interest of survival Red Hat has decided to limit the costs they incur for providing free stuff.

They'll still provide the free stuff, just in a different form; and you'll have more options and ways in which you can pay them if you choose to do so. This is _not_ the equivalent of "dumping," which requires that you deliberately take a loss in order to later screw with someone, and implies that you have the resources to take losses for a long time without damaging your capability to deploy later. Not the same thing at all.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx