HP K60 Won't Print

Well, I've tried everything I can think of. I can't get my HP K60 to print as a locally connected printer from Redhat 9. The printer is connected to a USB port. The Redhat printer configuration app recognizes it when the app is run for the first time. Printing test pages results in items going to the printer queue. But, no matter what, nothing comes out of the printer. I _occasionally_ get a "media tray empty" message, which, of course, it isn't. But other than that, I have not clue what's wrong. I read the "Getting Started" and "Configuration" guides without luck. I read the materials from www.linuxprinting.org and followed their directions. I also dowloaded the HPOJ module, although I can't find any information about installing/configuring it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Randy