Re: ftp /var/www/html on locahost

On 21 Sep 2003, Philippe Rousselot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I ftp files to my own /var/www/html/ folder
>
> Thanks in advance

Change the ownership on that directory to your account, or make sure the
directory is group writable, and add yourself to the group that owns the
directory.

Or...upload them to your personal home directory, then log into the box
with a shell session (either telnet or ssh...the latter is preferable,
from a security standpoint), and copy them from your homedir to the web
directory.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with a message of:

subscribe