Invert vsftpd.banned_emails - No can do?

RH 9 & vsftpd-1.1.3-8

I have vsftp set up to allow local users and anonymous read/write. I am using
vsftpd.banned_emails to reduce the script kiddies anonymous attempts. However,
that file is starting to grow.

What I would like to be able to do is use the anonymous outgoing read and
incoming write (with reads blocked) approach for non-local users. Hence, I
would really like to have a "vsftpd.allowed_emails" file that specifies
accepted passwords. Then I could give out the current password to a large
block of folks (such as a college class) without having to set up a ton of
user accounts. Those folks would know the correct password, could download
from the public outgoing directory, could write to the public incoming
directory (without being able to see what others have previously uploaded). I
could easily change the password as needed. Those not knowing the password
would be rejected thereby removing the need for a vsftpd.banned_emails file.

I spent a lot of time searching for a solution, but have not found anything.

Would anyone please have an idea which would provide such a capability?

Thanks.