Re: OpenSSH 3.7

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 07:27, Brian K. Jones uttered:
> I hate when redhat does this, so maybe someone there can explain the
> logic.

What exactly is "this"?

> I have sshd using a mounted config directory, so sshd_config can be
> shared by the Solaris and Linux boxen (et al). This makes administration
> worlds easier... unless I'm using RPMs. The rpm released in response to
> the sshd vulnerability does not include support for 3.7's 'UseDNS'
> option, which apparently takes the place of the old reverse lookup
> option. This means I now have to have two sets of config files, or I
> have to build from source, which removes the benefit of a package
> management system and makes my life more difficult.

A) Red Hat didn't release a 3.7, it's 3.5 for RHL9, with the patch backported.

B) Since Red Hat isn't offereing the newest SSH out there for you, perhaps you
should get your ssh and updates from openssh.com ?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: