Re: promt giving lotsa network messages / warnings

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 23:32, valeed wrote:
Hi craig thanx for ur reply ,

we have recently installed a windows 200 server , & i found out that it is
because of this server these messages are occurring now wht do i do to stop
this annoying messages , please tell me wht settings i shud do on my linux
box or on the win2000 servers so that there wont be any problem on my
network.
------
Please forgive the html format of this...I am trying to hold long URL's together

Valeed - I haven't a clue where/how you got your firewall rules from and why they are logging to the screen.

This is what I would recommend - David Ranch's rulesets...

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/ipmasq/c-html/index.html

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/ipmasq/c-html/stronger-firewall-examples.html#RC.FIREWALL-2.4.X-STRONGER

If this WIndows 2000 server is behind a firewall ... 192.9.200.x is a private LAN AND the computers on this LAN are trusted AND the Linux system is protected by a firewall, then you can probably just shut off iptables - service iptables stop - chkconfig levels 2345 iptables off

Craig