Re: 2.6 and Arjan's rpm's?

Stefan Hoelldampf wrote:
Am 09/12/2003 04:01 PM schrieb Francisco Figueiredo Jr.:

I installed Arjan's rpms and I'm only having problems to get my USB mouse to work. I can see as others said, the failed messages about usb modules, but I think this is caused by the change in the modules name from keybdev and mousedev to usbkbd and usbmouse as said in [1].

If I remember correctly you have to add the line "alias usb-controller uhci-hcd" to your
/etc/modprobe.conf

Hi Stefan!!

Thanks very much! it worked. I also added the ohci-hcd alias. The order is the following:
ehci-hcd
uhci-hcd
ohci-hcd

Now my usb mouse is initialized and usable!

As I have both 2.4.22 and 2.6-test5 kernels installed, is there some way I can mount the usbfs?
I mean, in the 2.4 is used to be in /proc/.../usb now it seems this path has changed. Can I put the mount instructions for the different paths, for the different boots? Ok, suppose I don't go back to 2.4 ;) I liked very much 2.6 and it is working very well to me. Can I just change the usb mount path as well as add the mounting of /sys?
Is there something I should take care of, or be aware of?

Just one thing I noticed:
I don't see anymore the messages when shutting down about flushing hda, hdc etc... My hd is sunddenly turned off. Is this normally expected??
I mean, is there some risk to my hd? Is it being turned off correctly? When I boot later it doesn't say anything about corrupted filesystem, but I'd like to know if everyting is fine.

Thanks in advance.