Re: mounting windows shares as user

Sorry, I'll take one mo' stab at it. If you don't want the share to mount
automatically you could add the "noauto" option to what I suggested
previously, or else have a script or alias with a command similar the one
below. Maybe a script is better than an alias, because you could hide it
better. You should have the same username on both machines. This works for
me using my name as a regular non-priveleged user on Linux and as a
priveleged user on Win2K. No matter what you do, you'll need the password
"pre-entered", otherwise you'll be prompted for it. At least that's my
experiece. Note that the mount option is "smbfs", not "smb".

mount -t smbfs -o username=yrs_truly,password=secret
//windoze_machine/windoze_share /mnt/win_g

--Phillip