Re: Using a CD-RW disk in RHL9

On Sat, 2003-09-06 at 10:34, Gerry Tool wrote:
> How do I use a CD-RW disk as a read/write replacement for a floppy in
> Red Hat Linux?  What tools can I use to write
> files to it?
Hi,

For a beginning, you can have a look at this tool. But have a look at
linux website and you will fing a lot of answers to your question too.
http://www.xcdroast.org/

Do I have to format it?
No, but to blank the CD-RW for a second use, yes.

Anyway, the best and easiest way is just to put a BLANK CD in your
computer, and this will normally open a Nautilus "burn:///" windows.
Drag in this window the files you want to write, and press "Write to
CD". Id a CD is inserted, so this will be done easily.

Cheers,

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand