Re: OT tarball question

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Stephen Liu wrote:

> > 	When the tar file is highlited, hit enter and it will go into the
> > archive.  Then just use the F3 key to view the actual content.
>
> Sorry.  Can't work.
>
> Highlighted the tarball and hit "Enter" goes to Up__Dir.  Hit F3 goes
> into the archive showing a list of files but I can't read the content of
> files

	By highlight I mean put the cursor on it, no tag it like with the
insert key.  If you put the cyan line on the tar ball and hit ender it
will go into the tar file and let you move around it's directories and
view the files in it.  Attached are some screen shots showing his it
works.  the first is just mc running on a directory that I have some files
in.  The second is what happend when you hit enter on the file selected in
the first image.  You can see what is happening in the xterm title bar.
The third is when I press F3 on one of the files in the tar ball.  If you
are not able to do this then something is wrong with your setup s mc hase
been able to do this for a long time now.  It even workd on rpm files.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.