OpenMP on shrike

Now that my dual-processor is running shrike all right (or so it seems) with
not inconsiderable support from the very helpful folks in this group, I was
thinking of actually learning all(!) about OpenMP (the shared memory parallel
computing environment). Does anyone have any experience with installing this on
RH9? What additional programs, etc do I need, does anyone know? Where do I get
these? Open-sourced or to buy?

Of course, I understand that a dual-processor is not very useful for the task
of parallel programming in general. However, it is all right, I think, for
learning purposes and before I sink my money into a multiple-processor
machine...

Thanks and best wishes!