Re: vnc and firewalls

You may need to check the script used to start the window manager for
the vnc session.  Believe it is in the users .vnc directory that you
connect as, called xstartup. It has been a while but back on a 7.0
system I seem to remember having to  change this file to call the
correct window manager.  Otherwise you get a generic window manager with
little extras.