Re: strange routes

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 05:44, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 18 August 2003 13:05, Tommy McNeely wrote:
> > I noticed that one of my machines also has this.. it seems that if
> > your default route interface has more than one "sub-if" it just keeps
> > re-added the default route.. bug?
>
> Are you re-defining the gateway for each device in your config files?  I
> have a similar setup, where eth0 - eth0:15 are all on the same subnet.
> I define the gateway for eth0, but not for any alias.  I end up with
> only one default route in my routing table.  You don't have to fill in
> the "gateway" option when configuring interfaces.

no, GATEWAY is defined only once in ifcfg-eth0, and not in any aliases
(ifcfg-eth0:1 etc) and yet I still get three default routes.  Funny
cause I only have one alias...  It does look a bit like a buggy
feature!  Any more ideas?

Thanks,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
                -- Bjarne Stroustrup