Re: Multiple mail servers for a single domain

Good morning,

After reading through this thread. I am very interested in this. Why
would 5 days not be enough? Easy, Last December the Carolinas had a very
severe ice storm. Due to our servers remote location, I was informed
that it would be upwards od 3 weeks before our internet service would be
restored.

We were lucky. We barely got to our servers and moved them to a dialup
just to be able to get the mail before our backup MX started deleting
mail. (5 days) Out of this came a new location. On the same power grid
as the local hospital and less than a mile from our ISP. But I'd still
like my backup MX and would love to have another. So this is educational
and needed.

This is on my list of things to do, but pretty far down at the moment. I
would like to see more of this..

Thanks!

Rocky