RH9 and Sun JVM 1.4.2 article

Sun's engineers responsible for the Linux version of the Java runtime
(J2SE JDK) recently wrote an article on how they worked with RedHat on
the design of the new Native POSIX Thread Library that shipped with
RH9.  For those interested in threading issues on Linux and/or Java
performance on Linux, it's at:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/JavaTechandLinux/RedHat/

The J2SE 1.4.2 Performance whitepaper linked in the above article is
also worth reading if you are interested in that sort of thing.

All I care about is that Java keeps getting faster, and for my app at
least the 1.4.2 Linux JVM seems slightly faster than the Win32 one.  Yet
another reason to use Linux. ;-)

Tom